Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
VENDOR "Innovation over imitation"
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thesaxophonist.org reviewed loads of new saxophone gear this past year, and they just released their top 5 products/saxophone gear list for 2018.

Proudly, my 10MFAN "THE CLASSIC" mouthpiece got the #3 spot of all the gear reviewed. It was also the highest ranked mouthpiece on the list. Its got a very warm, round, full, CLASSIC sound with plenty of volume available. So many possibilities depending on your reed choice.

I am honored to have been chosen for the top 5 list.

If you haven't checked out my mouthpiece models, you should.... No copies of vintage mouthpiece models ever, just very hard work making original designs to offer players something new and fresh.

You can reed about them and hear lots of videos of them at: www.10mfan.com

If you like hard rubber mouthpieces, there is something for everyone here.

Soprano and bari pieces coming in 2019.

Thank you all for a great 2018 here at SOTW, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Congratulations! Love my The Classic!

Can you give a link to the review article? I’ve gone to the thesaxophonist.org website and haven’t been able to find it. Thanks!

·
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ll write the guy and see if I can get any information.

Thank you guys for all your kind words!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well done Mark...I admire very much your dedication to this complex craft...
I'm close to acquiring a YTS 82 custom Z (the original model)
Since meeting you 3 years ago I keep bumping into players here in Florida sporting your innovative mouthpieces
and the improvement in each case is not subtle...
Which piece in your growing arsenal would you recommend for me....I wasn't sure where to go to best ask you...I hope you don't mind me using your proud announcement to express my interest in your line...I look forward to hearing from you...

·
Registered
Selmer Balanced Action Tenor Saxophone, Powell Flute
3,656 Posts
Happy Holidays Mark!

I really dig the Classic. It's one of the best HR pieces on the market.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you guys. Simon, so glad you’re loving that piece. I know you are a metal guy typically, so it means a lot that you are enjoying that hard rubber piece.

If you’re looking for a warm, round, and full sound, the Classic really is a beautiful player.
Happy holidays to all of you!

·
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well done Mark...I admire very much your dedication to this complex craft...
I'm close to acquiring a YTS 82 custom Z (the original model)
Since meeting you 3 years ago I keep bumping into players here in Florida sporting your innovative mouthpieces
and the improvement in each case is not subtle...
Which piece in your growing arsenal would you recommend for me....I wasn't sure where to go to best ask you...I hope you don't mind me using your proud announcement to express my interest in your line...I look forward to hearing from you...

Hi, hope you are well! Thank you so much for your kind words. I am super dedicated to making models that are very different from one another and the designs are very unique. Really very proud of this. Feel free to contact me and let me know what you are looking for in terms of sound and I can certainly point you in the right direction. Now that I have all these different models that are broken up into three categories, it makes the choice really easy.

Email me at: [email protected]

Happy holidays to you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts