Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
VENDOR "Innovation over imitation"
15,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started working on The 10MFAN “SHOWTIME” when I was working on The Classic model.

THIS IS THE MODERN ANSWER FOR PLAYERS LOOKING FOR A MOUTHPIECE THAT GETS THAT VINTAGE HR OTTO LINK VIBE AND FEEL, BUT OFFERS MORE VOLUME, BRILLIANCE, BETTER ALTISSIMO AND BETTER INTONATION THAN THE BEST ORIGINAL ONES EVER OFFERED.

NO COPY PIECES HERE, AS WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY KILLED IT WITH THIS ORIGINAL MOUTHPIECE DESIGN!

This piece takes it to a whole new level and outplays the original Slants, Resos, and Early Babbitt pieces--- and their copies! That statement comes from the dealer of the highest end vintage mouthpieces for over 30 years!
You guys asked for this---SO HERE IT IS.

This piece is an incredible all-around mouthpiece that can do it all. Eric Falcon called me when he finished facing the final prototype, and was BLOWN AWAY! He said he needed one for himself as soon as I could get him him one, because he wants to gig on it. He was floored by how this piece came out and said he actually likes it more than The Robusto. He said its the finest hard rubber tenor mouthpiece we've done.
He said this is the answer for the modern guys looking for that Otto Link Slant/ Early Babbitt feel and vibe BUT IN A COMPLETELY ORIGINAL DESIGN that out-performs those.
Eric said it gets that old school thing and can go modern, and he said for him, being a big Brecker fan, he can nail that killer early "Brecker on his Link" era sound, which he LOVES.

The sound has so many options...it can be warm, mellow, full-bodied, powerful, brighter, punchier, etc. It just does it all. Incredible altissimo.
Not a Cat 3 piece, but can easily be used for jazz, R&B, funk, etc. Eric says for him, its even more versatile than the Robusto with a little more juice and a freer blow.

Its another INCREDIBLY SPECIAL original design and Eric is putting a special facing curve on this one to fully optimize the design.

This is a real treat, and I am thrilled to finally be able to announce orders starting TODAY!!!
I can start getting orders out in about 2 weeks from when you order.

I will generously offer these at my sale price of $395 through the last day of August, so order yours now and get in on this gem at the lower pricing point.
Starting September 1st, it goes to $450 like my other tenor mpc's.....no exceptions.

I am giving you over 3 full weeks to get in at the lower price.

Tim Lin was over Eric Falcons shop the other day, and he got to try the 1st Showtime ever made. He was blown away and told Eric that guys are going to go crazy for this piece!
This is just a quick audio he did for me without even getting to know this mouthpiece at all.
He loves the old Link hr's and said guys who love the vintage hr Links and want more power, a freer blow, and more brights available as an option, will love this piece so much. It doesn't force you into anything.
INCREDIBLE FLEXIBLE.
Its another all original design, and I'm glad he felt so positive about this mouthpiece.

TIM LIN ON THE SHOWTIME 7*.
(Simple iPhone recording. 1st half is warmer, 2nd half is more punchy)

Read about my 3 categories on my website.

Sadly, the mouthpiece world is so over-full of the same vintage mouthpiece copies being released by tons of different makers, with different names on them. (Slants, EB's, Resos, Floridas, Double Rings, Meyer Bros altos, Soloist sops, Guardalas, Bergs, etc...).
I want more options for my clients in all original designs. this SHOWTIME is the answer for all you Link lovers who want that vibe with WAY MORE AVAILABLE! You can read about that and lots of other great stuff at my website:
www.10mfan.com

You can order directly off the website as the price is set at the $395 for the next three weeks.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I love how effortless this sounds. I have been playing 10mfan pieces ever since they were first released, I have a Robusto, Classic, and a Widow. I may end up having to add one of these to the stash ;)
Keep up the great work with the pieces!

·
15,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much, Adam. I think you would go crazy for this piece. Tim Lin told Eric right away that it’s going to be a huge hit, and was really blown away by it. He said the vintage guys will go crazy for it because it does everything the old pieces can do but can do more. He loved the flexibility.

Jan Garbarek was my first order for this piece, and I’ll be shipping his piece out in the next couple days when it comes in. I am hoping he will make an audio for me. He is very psyched to get this piece.

Thank you guys for the orders today and keep them coming.

You can order directly off the website now. It is set at the discounted rate of $395 for the next three weeks.
It will automatically go to $450 on September 1 and there will be no exceptions. I’m giving you all three full weeks to get your orders in at the discount.

All the best,
Mark

·
15,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
Probably not going to any dealers for the first 4 months.
When a new model comes out, I will do direct sales to buyers for the first few months.
I did this with my newly released alto mouthpieces, and I have sold over 200 of those direct to customer in the first 2 months. Far better for me to do it this way. These may get to dealers around the Holiday time....maybe.
My business is set up different than all the others I know. I follow my heart, and do things the way I feel is best. Everyone else leans on dealers buying their pieces so the dealers can deal directly with the public and have to piece out the pieces, instead of the mouthpiece maker. The dealers make most of the money when you sell to them, and it makes very little sense to set things up like that when I move so many pieces directly with no middle man here.
WWBW and SAM ASH were on me right away with my mouthpieces when they came out, and after hearing what they need to buy in at, and their rules---I declined. Sam Ash contacted me the 1st day I announced the mouthpieces. Nothing but hawks that want to make a big piece of the money as soon as they see their opportunities.
I want to deal with my customers directly every single day---I love that interaction!!! Selling to those big companies for VERY little profit, having to be under their rules, and having no interaction with customers, is not for me. I love the phone calls and the emails every single day. Since Eric Falcon does all the hand finishing, I have the my time to prototype, be there for the customers, do all the shipping stuff, book keeping, and do all the marketing. Other mouthpiece makers that do their own handwork, have to run their businesses differently.

I realized in my first 5 years that the dealers are not an important part of my business.....I am an important part of theirs. They make the money, and they get customers in their shops because of these mouthpieces being there. I will still have some dealers overseas, but my focus is not about dealers.

I would recommend grabbing one now at the discounted price, which will be less than they will be asking for them there once they eventually get there. With the discounted price, if anyone doesn’t like one of the pieces, they could actually sell it for the $450 after the first 3 weeks, and not lose money on the deal even with the shipping. Of all the alto mouthpieces I have sold in the last couple months, I haven’t seen any up for sale anywhere. This says an enormous amount about my 10MFAN designs and quality of my mouthpieces with Erics exceptional work on them. Any of those pieces could be listed for the full price if the buyer didn’t like them, because there is a wait list to get those pieces. It’s a no brainer to grab one of the Showtime tenors at the discounted price in the next 3 weeks.

I am having a bunch made later this week if you want to be added to that list.
All the best, Mark

·
15,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got word from Eric that there is an extra 7* or 8* Showtime coming to me Thursday. Not sure which one, but if you want one of those sizes and we get in the right size for you, there will be no wait.

Just email me and let me know and I'll check it against the one that arrives.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Kudos to Mark for expanding his impressive lineup of mouthpieces! Ok, what's going on with the smaller external profile metal mouthpieces? I know I read something here about a lower baffle Boss that was in the planning stages in the early part of Spring. Still digging the Boss but a metal Super Widow could get me to empty my change jar....

·
15,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks bro. The metals are on hold until I can get all the hr stuff out.
I have been working on 2 new special metal models for quite sometime, but will not have those out till the beginning of the 2019.
Cant give any info away on those, so hang in there for info when the time is right. They will be narrower bodies than before.

·
15,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great day of orders! Keep the orders coming and take advantage of the discount for the next three weeks.
I’ll have more audios once people get these pieces.

This may very well be the absolute best design I have put out there. You vintage HR Link lovers will go crazy for this. It’s a far better player that gets you in that vibe, with more of everything.
It’s spectacular. Played mine for 3 hours yesterday and woke up this morning just wanting to play my horn, but its too early, as the family is sleeping.

·
15,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Scott.
It’s a gem. Played it for hours again today.....so much FUN!!!!!

·
15,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 1st group of orders is filled up now.
3 weeks left at the discounted price...take advantage of it while the offer is here.
You all know how passionate I am about my mouthpieces, and that passion translates into excitement because of how well the designs have come out.
As a saxophone player, I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER!
I want everyone to experience this joy.

I have this new SHOWTIME model out for tenor and 2 new hr alto mouthpieces that are truly sensational.

This SHOWTIME is such a phenomenal mouthpiece and I believe I have actually out-done my Robusto here!!!

Come and see what a REAL difference in mouthpiece design is all about:
www.10mfan.com

·
15,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The second big group of Showtimes has now been filled.

If you want to get in the next group, just let me know.

Two more weeks left at the discounted price, so take advantage of it while you can.

Thanks, Mark

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,096 Posts

·
15,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hear ya. This piece is just phenomenal.
I could sell no tenor mouthpieces and the two alto mouthpieces I have out could keep him busy full-time.
I can’t wait to see your review of the Daddy O mouthpiece. Hopefully you are enjoying it.

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,096 Posts
I hear ya.
I could sell no tenor mouthpieces and the two alto mouthpieces I have out could keep him busy full-time.
I can’t wait to see your review of the Daddy O mouthpiece. Hopefully you are enjoying it.
I am. My mother-n-law is here staying in my office so it has slowed me down. She's leaving tomorrow so I hope to get back up to work speed again afterwards........

·
15,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Players should be receiving the first batch of Showtime tenors in the next couple days....can't wait!

Keep the orders coming and I will post audios once they come in.

Come and see what a REAL difference in mouthpiece design is all about:
www.10mfan.com

·
15,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you guys for all the orders!!

We are at the two week mark for the time remaining for the discounted price, so don’t let time pass you by and miss the offer.
Doug Lawrence and Ben Wendel will be doing videos in a few days. Doug said he’ll be bringing it to a big gig coming up next week. Jan Garbarek was the first one to order one of these, so I am hoping he will do an audio at some point. Steve Neff will also be getting one to review, so stay tuned for all of that.
Lots of great stuff going on here and I hope all you alto players are checking out the audios and videos of my two alto pieces. So many players are dumping their vintage Meyers for these. I couldn’t be more pleased with how these designs have come out.

Lots of hard work being done here, so players can have incredible new mouthpiece designs to help them. These mouthpieces have changed my life as a PLAYER, beyond words. I hope you make the choice for yourself to see what all the talk is about with my mouthpiece line.

·
15,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you guys for another great week of orders. I am having a whole bunch of these made this coming week and if you want to get on the list for the next group of orders, and enjoy the discounted price for the next two weeks... you can place the order right on my website. Audios will be coming soon.

Thank you guys for all the great support here, and I am thrilled with the response so far for this model. I think imany will find this to be my finest tenor mouthpiece!

All the best, Mark

1 - 20 of 57 Posts