Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
VENDOR "Innovation over imitation"
16,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

More than ever, people are contacting me wondering if I would be interested in TRADING some of my 10MFAN mouthpieces for stuff that they have.

I haven’t been interested in any of that stuff in the past, so I have always declined, and opted for just SELLING my 10MFAN mouthpieces, rather than working out some type of trade. I've done that sort of thing with vintage pieces for vintage pieces or other modern mouthpieces over the decades, but with my 10MFAN line, Ive always kept that separate.

Then yesterday I had a very interesting talk with someone who had many vintage pieces and he had an opportunity to try one of my mouthpieces that a friend of his got from me recently. He told me how blown away he was by the Robusto hard rubber and that he needs to get one but he needs to sell some stuff first, as he is always cash-low and inventory-high. We talked, and he had 2 pieces that were fine with me to trade for a Robusto and a Black Widow, so we agreed to it.

I know cash is tight with a lot of people, so this may find a way to work itself out nicely for both parties.

It just made me think that perhaps it wouldn’t be such a bad idea to get offer trades here if the trades are worthwhile me. I would get more overall value in trades, and you would not have to come up with cash or have to try and sell your mpc's. It also gets even more people into my 10MFAN mouthpieces who have wanted to get into them, but maybe never have the extra cash around to be able to do so. Players who always have mouthpieces hanging around that are doing them no good, this may work out for us. You know, the old drawer full of mouthpieces that aren't getting used...

Anyway, I have decided that I would give it a try and see how it goes.
If you have pieces that I can move easily, and they have good value, I am open to trying this to see how it goes.

So, if you have some mouthpieces you want to get rid of towards any of my 10MFAN mouthpieces, I’m not opposed to talking about trading stuff up, and trying this out.
As long as the value of the trade makes sense for me, Im cool with checking this out as a trial, and maybe it will become a mainstay.
Also, if you have saxophones and you are looking to get a few of my mouthpieces, I wouldn’t mind hearing those options, but I don’t have any interest in putting out cash for anything. My cash goes back into my 10MFAN mouthpieces.

Happy to see where the trade stuff goes and willing to give it a shot.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have interest, and we can see what we can do.

If it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t work out. Nothing lost in trying.

*** Just don't offer me one of my own 10MFAN models in trade for another, as you must know that I can buy my finished product NEW, for less than its used value. ***

Just thought it might be interesting to give it a try.

Please don’t make any offers for stuff on this post. Just contact me by emailing me at the address below.

[email protected]

All the best, Mark

·
16,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 10MFAN —-1st time trying TRADING mpcs. Let’s give it a shot

A couple of trades today so I feel pretty good about this.
I’ve been so against trading my pieces for anything else but this may work out in a good way for everyone.

Keep the trade offers coming by emailing me at my email address in the original post.

·
16,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Turned out to be a fun and great day for trading!

Keep the trade offers coming.

·
16,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I’ve gotten several emails from people expressing that they are thankful that I’m willing to do this.

I am glad about that, and I want everyone to experience my mouthpieces.

I just want to take this moment to reitify, that the trades have to be worthwhile to make this doable for us.

Please don’t write me and offer me a $200 mouthpiece in trade for a brand new $450 Robusto.
The idea of this trade-in program is to help people get into my pieces without them coming up with cash, but it has to be worthwhile for me with the trade-ins offered, to do this. Partial trades are also possible so if you don’t have enough mouthpieces to trade, we can do trade and cash.

I am doing my best to try to make this easy for everyone to get into my mouthpieces.

The mouthpieces I get in on trade HAVE TO BE good playing pieces that DO NOT need any refacing work at all.

Thank you and keep the offers coming.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts