Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to mention how much fun I've been having on one of 10mfan's Daddy-O mouthpieces that he was kind enough to send me. It's a very flexible mouthpiece that gets out of the way and lets me play.

Apart from the odd daliance, I've been playing the same Meyer NY (bought from Mark) for about a decade and the Daddy-O definitely gives it a run for it's money. It's warm, expressive and very responsive to airstream and voicing making it really fun to play (I love trying to get Phil Woods low growl on Ballads!). I've been playing a few gigs on it, teaching and practising Klose etc with no problems. I know there are differences in sidewalls/baffle etc but the transition from my Meyer has been very quick. I've also really enjoyed how quickly notes speak on this mouthpiece, making it easy to play fast.

The Daddy-O is an excellent mouthpiece that I would highly recommend trying out. Mark knew how much I am influenced by Lou Donaldson, Phil Woods, Charles McPherson, Cannonball etc, and this is an excellent fit for me.

Below is a video from a gig-the Daddy-O is in a 5 facing with Vandoren #3 v16 reeds on my mkvi.

·
Premium Member
15,489 Posts
Thank you so much, Jamie!
So glad you are loving it. My goal with this was to make something that the Meyer guys and the vintage alto mouthpiece lovers in general would love very much. The design is of course all original and very different from all the vintage pieces out there, but you can still find familiarity in sound concepts with design proto typing. My baffle height, length, and shape, the side walls, the floor height, the throat squeeze, and the chamber are all different from the vintage pieces, and that’s why I love what I do so much. Players deserve a great experience with new designs.
The Showboat has much more punch, power, and brights, in comparison.
Something for everyone.

Come and experience a REAL difference in ORIGINAL mouthpiece designs:

www.10mfan.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts