Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
it‘s the first time I may post a message here on SOTW and I‘m very happy about this fantastic chance!
Why I‘m so happy? I will try to explain and I think my message may be interesting for many players.
Since last friday I have the honor to own a fantastic 10mfan Classic red marble mouthpiece.
I’ve played a black 10mfan classic for about a year now and this piece works perfect for me. I love this piece so much........
A couple of weeks ago I‘ve heard about the red marbled versions of Mark‘s
mouthpieces.
At this point I asked myself if this special marbled hard rubber is just a color difference/ special design or will it change anything?
Finally I did it again and placed my order........
The red marbled piece is more vibrant and gives Marks Classic something very very special in my opinion. If you are looking for this extra qualities I‘m sure you have to check.
By the way, Mark/ 10mfan is offering a handful of this limited red marble fantastic pieces at the moment.

Thanks Karle

·
Premium Member
15,476 Posts
Hello my friend! I am so happy that you are loving the red marble in The Classic model. I love your sound on The Classic so much! There is a beautiful resonance to these and I’m glad players are having so much fun with them.
Enjoy, and thank you so much for posting!

Here is Karle on his 6* Classic in black hard rubber, and I cannot wait to get something on the red marble rubber!
Rumor has it that he likes Stan Getz... :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much for this kind of words, gentlemen!
I‘ll try to make something with this „red marbled beauty“ asap.........

Is here on SOTW anyone, who‘s also playing a red, blue, green....marbled mouthpiece and can tell something about his personal impressions?
Perhaps also any 10mfan model? 😎

·
Registered
720 Posts
Very nice, love those tunes and your take on them.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Nice sound!

I have a lot of the black hard rubber pieces which I've played ever since they first came out, and have recently acquired TWO of the red marbles. I've had vintage Links and Dukoffs and this and that in the house, but I just love these 10mfan mouthpieces so much that it's awkward to play anything else ;) Seriously though, these red marbles truly play as beautifully as they look, and I'm just in awe of how great these things are. It's also worth noting that the pieces I ordered from Mark were not readily in stock, but I didn't even feel the wait time. His process moves so quickly that you can receive your piece within 10 days. So great to have a quick turnaround like that!
It is and will continue to be my PLEASURE to play AND recommend the 10mfan mouthpieces! Get yourself one NOW :)

·
Premium Member
15,476 Posts
Thank you, Adam!
Very nice of you to post. Thank you for the kind words about the very short wait time. Right now I am ordering about twice a week so when people place their order, I can sneak them in with pieces that are being made the same week. I would say it takes about 10 days for me to have the pieces made and then I will ship them. Sometimes it’s only about eight days, so figure somewhere in that range. It depends on hiw backed up the shop is. Because I am ordering so much, I can keep getting people in without having a long wait time. That’s also part of the reason why I can offer pieces here every week. Even though the demand is more than it has ever been, because I am ordering so often and the shop is always making pieces, it’s easy to accommodate everybody now. The only factor that comes into play, is making sure Eric sends out the pieces on time. :)
I am so glad you love the red marble. I am finding pretty much across the board that everybody loves the red marble even more than the black. It’s just so odd to me that everybody including myself, likes the red marble even more. I don’t find it to be a huge difference, but there is something there and I do agree with everyone about that.
I remember when Navarro was starting out and he came over my house with his pieces for me to check out, I remember feeling that the red marble was warmer and less desirable for me as a player. They still played well but I preferred his black rubber piece is more as a player. Because of that, it’s just funny that I find the red to be so good with my mouthpieces. I really cannot explain it. The black rubber sound phenomenal, but the red for me just has a little more resonance.
Glad you are having fun with your mouthpieces!

If anyone else has my red marble pieces here and wants to add to this post, please do so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts