Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I got my hands on the brand new 10mfan "Classic" (2nd generation) tenor mouthpiece in ULTEM material. This thing PLAYS!! My main piece is (was) the Classic in hard rubber, but this thing plays even warmer than that! (which I really like) From bottom to the top of the horn it holds the rich tone, and even when I step on the gas the thing doesn't ever lose the sound. Check it out and let me know what you think!

·
Premium Member
15,476 Posts
Dave,
That was unbelievable! Your playing just mesmerizes me. I get caught up in it completely. I really can’t think of a better complement to give another player.
I just get lost deep in it, and I mean that so sincerely. Always so inventive and fresh!!! Always creating.
Joel Frahm and Tucker Antell are 2 other guys that I just get lost listening to because they take you on a fabulous ride, every time.

I can’t thank you enough for making this incredible video.
Much love, Mark

·
Premium Member
15,476 Posts
Thanks, that’s just what I was going for.
Something warm, full, and beautiful sounding....and NOT a Slant!
It has a ton of flexibility and I’m so glad Dave is loving it.
It has proven itself to be the perfect warm category model in my mouthpiece line, to bump out the Merlot model.

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
481 Posts
Real nice. What reeds are you using?

·
Premium Member
15,476 Posts
Thank you so much, Steen.
I hope you are doing well and I am so glad you are having fun with your Ultem 6* Classic.
All the best, Mark

·
Registered
Early 70's Yamaha YTS-21 with a 10MFan Classic 7* 'piece and whatever reed is in the case
124 Posts
Dave you sound amazing! That's the sound I have in my head. Keep saving for the 10mfan classic.

·
Premium Member
15,476 Posts
Dave you sound amazing! That's the sound I have in my head. Keep saving for the 10mfan classic.

Hi,
The Classic in Ultem is only $299 through December.
Whenever you decide to get one, I'll honor that price for you.

All the best, Mark

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How can that be possible on a later post-war 10m??????? lol
I would love to have some snarky sarcastic comment to rile people up...but I know literally ZERO about Conn horns (or really about any to be honest). Maybe I need to study up so I can start screwing around with that!

·
Premium Member
15,476 Posts
I was having fun with you, because so many people who play the old Conns will tell you that the pre-war ones are the only ones to get.
I don’t agree... you sound beautiful. 😀

·
Registered
166 Posts
Very nice tone.
I've listened online a few songs on 10mfan Classic mouthpieces, really looks like it is good mouthpiece, apreciated by soloists. Classic Ultem sounds more than good when Dave plays.
Dave's performance is delicious, the mouthpiece (with sax) sounds warm, full, pure.
10mfan,
congratulations for such a successful and good-sounding mouthpiece. Definitively my kind of mood.
Dave,
I admire your loose and accurate on improvisation. Are you going to use this mouthpiece as the main (or basic for some style of music), or will you keep it at all?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts