Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm no Dave Pollack, and I don't even gig. However, I thought a brief review from an amateur might be worthwhile.

Prologue:

I've been playing on a 70s or 80s Meyer 5M for a few years now. One came with an A-880 that I had purchased and I switched from an S-80. I like the sound that I get, and I was interested in finding a similar backup - or possibly an upgrade.

When I saw the release of the Meyer Connoisseur NY, it prompted me to consider getting one - and then the Alto Madness went on sale at a comparable price. Having read reviews on here, I went with the Alto Madness.

Review:

Sometimes you don't know that you have a problem until you experience something better. The sound on my Meyer is thin up top; whereas, the Alto Madness provides a nice full sound to the top of the horn. The Alto Madness provides a nice pop for accented notes - much more than the Meyer. Finally, it has a similar sound to the Meyer.

·
VENDOR "Innovation over imitation"
16,457 Posts
Hi,
Thank you for your private message.
I am so glad you are enjoying the mpc, my friend.
Really happy that you got one for yourself. It makes no difference if you are as good as DP or not, (sh*t, who is???). LOL
To me, you are just as important as anyone else, as we all have the same objective in mind----> to get a better sound for ourselves.

I am so glad you are enjoying the Alto Madness!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update: I bought a barely used Meyer Connoisseur alto mouthpiece to try it out. Had I bought it originally, I would have been happy with the upgrade from my other Meyer. However, the Alto Madness blows away the Connoisseur and has a fuller, richer sound throughout the whole range of the instrument.

Reactions: 10mfan
1 - 4 of 4 Posts