Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I just posted a new video lesson on my YT channel. This time it is an extra long and in-depth video about
the 10 things, I believe, hold back many beginner saxophone players and how you can avoid them :)

I hope it will provide some interesting insights :)

Stay funky! :)

JD

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I really like your approach, and will be checking out some more of your video lessons. Made me feel better about all the playing by ear I've been doing.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for posting this. I really like your approach, and will be checking out some more of your video lessons. Made me feel better about all the playing by ear I've been doing.
:) Happy to hear that! We joke about it a bit, but sometimes I'm really baffled by how some students really feel that, playing by ear and just singing by yourself on the sax,
are somehow a bad thing or a waste of time. While it's actually a super good way of practice. So do it and enjoy it as much as you can :)

·
Forum Contributor 2017
1,217 Posts
Great video. I'm really fortunate in that when I first started, as a middle-aged adult, I found an instructor who more or less emphasized all the points you make. Really nice job!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great video. I'm really fortunate in that when I first started, as a middle-aged adult, I found an instructor who more or less emphasized all the points you make. Really nice job!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts