Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, sax-o-friends.

I wanted to try my hand at recording all four parts to a sax quartet piece that I recently wrote, aiming simply for a decent audio demo. But my recording engineer thought it'd be cool to set up his camcorder & green screen. He has since turned it into a fun little video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBMeHRU54EI

Your thoughts? Do you like the tune? Do you think it'd be playable by decent HS level musicians?

many thanks!
~ Rick

·
Registered
350 Posts
Really enjoyed that Rick, Thankyou!...

I would think that was ideal for the level you are aiming at.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
11,501 Posts
Great fun, Rick! I agree with Mattutopia.
If you haven't heard it already check out the Zoot Sims Quartet recording "That Old Feeling" where he becomes the whole sax section... No video back then and no digital, either but still fun. Thank you, Rick! Outstanding!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Sax Historian
7,110 Posts
If you're intending it for HS players, you might want to do an alternate alto part to replace the soprano.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you're intending it for HS players, you might want to do an alternate alto part to replace the soprano.
Good advice. And, as luck would have it, it's already scored with a substitute alto 1 part.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

~ Rick

·
Registered
711 Posts
I think it's accessible by high school students and suitable for Univeristy quartets. I'm planning on buying a copy for my quartet (made up of 2 high school students and 2 BMus graduates), we're always looks for more upbeat music for busking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts