Sax on the Web Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Distinguished SOTW Researcher
3,220 Posts
His playing on the Blue Note label is incredible, both under his own name and as a side man. As far as Up At Minions, this track floored me the first time I heard it. It's an encyclopedia of jazz saxophone vocabulary, and an amazing marathon of a solo.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDonxQFq4Wc

· SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
25,065 Posts
As far as Up At Minions, this track floored me the first time I heard it. It's an encyclopedia of jazz saxophone vocabulary, and an amazing marathon of a solo.
Hey Frank, I couldn't get that link to work. Which tune was it?

p.s. By the way, I listened to some of the clips on your YouTube channel. You sound great! Excellent playing. I cover some of the same tunes (Work Song, Comin Home Baby, Night Train, etc.) but probably don't play them as well as you do!

· Distinguished SOTW Researcher
3,220 Posts
@JL thanks for the kind words. I just switched to a Mac and am still having trouble getting some functions to work, copy/paste being one of them. The tune I was trying to share was But Not For Me. Stanley tears up the changes for nearly 5 minutes giving a masterclass on how it's done. If you get a chance maybe you could post it here for everyone else to check out.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts